We are always looking for the finest in commercial and literary fiction and non-fiction, including mysteries, romance, women's fiction, thrillers, and suspense.
Irene is particularly interested in upmarket women's fiction, middle grade and young adult fiction, historical fiction, and family-driven thrillers. Non-fiction interests include pop culture, science, Francophilia, and lifestyle.
Beth is looking for narrative non-fiction, memoir, cultural history, serious psychology and psychiatry, science, history of ideas and upmarket fiction including psychological, medical and legal thrillers.
Miriam is passionate about modern urban fantasy, young adult fiction, romance, and all other types of commercial fiction.
Barbara is looking for high octane thrillers, edgy mysteries, literary and upmarket fiction and YA.
Rachel is looking for upmarket and commercial fiction in the following categories: women's fiction, young adult, new adult, mysteries & thrillers, romance, and is open to well-written narrative nonfiction.
We do not represent poetry, inspirational fiction, screenplays, or children’s picture books.
If you have a manuscript that you would like to send us, please first ask yourself the following questions:
- Is this manuscript in the best possible shape? Do I believe it is ready to sell, or am I just testing the waters?
- Is it completed?
- Is my query letter professionally written and proofread?
- Does my work fit the guidelines of the kinds of books this agency represents?
If you can answer yes to all of the above, then please do the following:
- First choose which agent to whom you want to submit. Study the guidelines above as to what each of us is looking for.
- Email a query letter and the first ten pages, along with a synopsis (3-5 paragraphs) and bio, in the body of an email to the agent of your choice. The email addresses for this purpose are listed below. WE DO NOT ACCEPT SNAIL MAIL QUERIES.
- Please DO NOT email the agents at their personal email addresses, and do not submit to more than one of our agents.
- If your query is of interest, the agent to whom you submitted may choose to pass it on to another agent here, or she may get back to you herself.
You should receive an automated reply once you send your query. Because of the high volume of email submissions we receive, we will only respond to your query if we are interested in seeing more, usually within 6-8 weeks; please don't follow up and do not call.